Friday, July 17, 2015

Box with a loop


Hi, today I'd like to share easy instructions to create a fun little box, which has the advantage that you can use it over and over again, since it's not glued together, just held by the loop.
I started out with two strips of cardstock measuring 2 x 9". I scored them at 1½ and 3½" on both sides and applied distress ink in various colours (Bundled Sage, Stormy Sky and Spun Sugar).




I used my Tag punch from Stampin' Up on both sides, this is what it looks like now:

For a bit more texture I stamped the fishing net with "Bundled Sage" Distress Ink on all sides.
I stamped with Ranger Perfect Medium and used the Stampendous "Detailed White" Embossing powder. The images are from the Rubber Dance Stamps sets "Something Fishy" and "New Retro Beach"


I added some Rub Ons.
After adhering one strip to the other I made the loop from a piece of Chiffon.

Starting from the inside I pulled the loop through one of the openings and went to the opposite side to do the same followed by the other two.
 
As you can see, this is very easy and you can open and close the smart little box again and again.


You find all the stamps I used right here: Rubber Dance Stamps!
Happy crafting!
Majo

3 comments:

  1. Fab box and tutorial, Majo! Such a sweet gift box to a special someone :-)
    I love the white embossed images.
    Thank you so much!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wunderschön liebe Majo! Vielen Dank für das tolle Tutorial, die Box sieht viel komplizierter aus als sie ist.
    LG Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Majo. Thanks for coming to my blog and commenting about my new stamps from Impression Obsession. Their stamps are sold in Germany at the following sites: http://www.iostamps.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SLGR&Store_Code=IOSTAMPS

    ReplyDelete